Friday, April 21, 2017


Hello!! And welcome to my first blog post!!

I'm glad you are here!!

I'm excited to share with you a mid sized square bottomed bag I sewed up.

I used some of my all time favorite fabrics from Tim Holtz's Eclectic Elements line. 

These fabrics are from his Correspondence Collection. Which is the perfect mix of vintage Air Mail.

Thanks for stopping by!!  

Here is the full bag.
It measures approximately 9 1/2 inches tall by 8 1/2 inches wide. The bottom is 3 inches wide.
The handles drop about 10.5 inches.  


The red geometric background makes my heart pitter pat. Especially paired with that air mail stripe. 



I used a decorative stitch on my sewing machine to add a little bit of flair to the dress. 


I used vintage postage stamps and an air mail label. The numbers on the stamps just happen to be my birthday :)

I kept the stitching on the main body of the bag clean and simple. But had to have a bit of messy stitching and strings. So I left the strings from the dress construction hanging loose!! 



The hardware from Tim's Eclectic Elements line is fantastic!! The perfect vintage patina.


I love this blue graph design, It reminds me of the inside of an envelope. 









22 comments:

  1. I love this bag! The dress in the correspondence collection fabrics looks so cool. I hope that you keep posting on your blog. The projects you create are always inspiring and lovely. Thanks for sharing ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann!! Your kind words are much appreciated!! I plan to keep posting. Now I better get to creating.

      Delete
  2. This bag is adorable!! The little dress is perfection. I love how create such wonderful projects and share with us...thank you for the continous inspiration! Excited to see in blog land & I'll check in regularly 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cathy!! Thank you so much for all those kind words!! I'm so happy to have you follow along on this new journey!!

      Delete
  3. So happy you're blogging! I just adore that bag. I will place my order for one now ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess!! You gave me the little push I needed to finally take the leap. I can take your order anytime you're ready. :)

      Delete
  4. As you know, I'm loving that bag!!! Happy blogging AND keep making beautiful creations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patti!! Your always inspire me and push me to keep creating.

      Delete
  5. I am so happy you started a blog. Instagram is great for a quick glimpse but to reveal more detail a blog is better. I look forward to reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lucy!! Excited to have you along on this journey!! And I agree I'm excited to be able to share more details and pictures of projects with everyone.

      Delete
  6. Woo Hoo! I love the launch post!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great bag...that fabric is wonderful and the dress is a sweet touch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! I love the fabrics and the dress just makes the bag, plus it's something a little different! Congrats on the new blog!

    Cathy J ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy aka Mom!! Did you sign up for emails so you don't forget to look again. Haha!!

      Delete
  9. Yep, I agree with Jess!! I'd like to order a bag too!! Your creations are always so original & uber creative!! I'm a BIG fan!! And now a blog groupie!! Lol!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dar!! You are too kind!! If you want to order a bag just let me know. :) Thanks for all your support and friendship!!

      Delete
    2. How much are they? You are very welcome my creative friend!!������

      Delete
    3. They are $43 with shipping. $35 without the metal handle pieces. If you are interested you can email me or DM on IG. :)

      Delete
  10. Nice to see you in blogland, I love all your works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Renee!! I am excited to have a new way to share my art. Thanks for following along!!

      Delete