Monday, July 29, 2019

Fly Away

Hello!! I'm excited to announce that I have joined the Topflight Stamps design team. I am sharing my first project for them today inspired by the Studio Light "Fly Away" set paired with some of my favorite Tim Holtz products I created this quick and easy altered spool. Let's get started.


I began by painting some Bouquet Flowers with some watered down Paper Artsy Fresco Finish in Mulled Wine. Not pictured I colored in the stamens of the flowers using Mustard Seed Distress Marker. 


I then painted a spool with a thin coat of Paper Artsy Fresco Finish in Taupe. Once dry I lightly sanded to distress and then blended in Vintage Photo Distress Ink. 



For the wings I used a brayer and light layers of Paper Artsy Fresco Finish in Stone on book text. 



Once dry I stamped the wings from the "Fly Away" set using Ground Espresso and Hickory Smoke Archival Ink. I then fussy cut each of the wings. I layered the wings and fluffed them out a bit and then adhered to the back of a Tim Holtz Paper Doll. 


I added one of Tim's Milk Caps to the top of the spool to provide a little more surface area and because they're so dang cute. On the bottom of the spool, I wrapped a ticket from the Keepsakes ephemera pack and a vintage postage stamp. To finish it off I tied a distressed piece of Craft Thread around the spool.


Using a portion of the "Fly Away" stamp I stamped the Wings text on a Classic Label Sticker and adhered to a Corked Vial filled with Clear Rock Candy Dry Glitter. The Paper Doll was sanded and lightly colored with Distress Markers and Vintage Photo Distress Ink. 



I adhered the Paper Doll to the top of the spool and then placed the Corked Vial next to her. Once dry I started layering moss and the painted Bouquet Flowers. 


It was fun working small. And finishing a project in an afternoon. If you don't know I'm the slowest maker ever and a classic overthinker!! 

Thanks for stopping by today. Leave me a note and say hi.
Happy Creating ~ Jennalee 


No comments:

Post a Comment