Friday, April 19, 2019

Tag You're It Mini Album

Hello and happy Friday!! It's Jennalee here today. I am on a bit of a book kick lately. They are the perfect project for using up scraps. I have seen some amazing matchbook albums on Instagram and was inspired by the size of them. So I decided to go small again. The cover of my books are made from Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts - Small Tag Set and Large Tags.  The chipboard tags provide a sturdy cover yet can still be stitched thru!!



The Small Tags Set come with 10 in the pack and measure 3.25 inches tall by 1.6 inches wide. 


The Large Tags come with 3 in the pack and are number 8 size. 


Fold the small tags at 1/2 inch from the bottom and then at 2.25 inches. 

I used my score board and bone folder to score my tags before folding. I found that lightly spraying the Small Tags helped create a cleaner fold. 


Fold the Large Tag at 3/4 inch from the bottom and then again at 3 5/8 inches. 

The larger tags are not as thick as the smaller ones and don't need to be sprayed. 


I used a glue stick to adhere scraps to both the front and back of both tags. I used a sanding block to remove any overhanging edges. 




A stitched on button and some vintage cotton thread make the perfect closure for the Small Tag book. 




I built up my layers and then stitched them together on with the sewing machine. I then set my stitches to a longer length and then stitched them into the tag cover. 
And added messy stitching to the top flap. 



The large tag book was assembled the same as the small one. Because there were more pieces of ephemera in the larger book stitching on my machine was a bit tricky. So keep that in mind and take it slow. 


Those layers make my heart flutter!! 



I love the wings peeking out!! 






These little books are the perfect way to spend an afternoon and would be perfect for mail art swaps.
Tag you're it!! I challenge you to make a book from a tag. 
Happy Creating ~ Jennalee 

2 comments:

  1. I love these so much! Your art is always inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the interesting post--your little book is charming. I do love tags but have never made a book with one. You have inspired me to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete