Friday, August 17, 2018

Within My Heart

Hello!! This is one of those projects that had a mind of its own and couldn't be forced. Those are always my favorite after the fact. The ATC Shrine With Feet was the perfect home for this brave lady.





Begin by preparing your medal. Cut vintage photo into medal shape The one I used here I found in my stash and was already shaped this way. Heat Emboss photo using Vintage Beeswax. The Vintage Beeswax may make your photo a bit transparent. If so back photo with a scrap of gold paper from Tim Holtz's Metallic Kraft Paper Stash. Stitch around medal and add Dresden trim to the top edge. Adhere button.  


For the Shrine covering emboss aluminum tape in Botanical 3D Texture Fade from Sizzix. Color the aluminum tape using Alcohol Ink in Mushroom, Gun Metal, and Gold. Using a felt blending pad dab on colors until desired effect is achieved. Blend in Vintage Photo Distress Crayon.  


Apply aluminum tape to Shrine pieces. Making sure to adhere to the outside surfaces. The benefit of using the aluminum tape is it's self-adhesive and easy to trim using an Exacto knife. 


Cover inside surfaces of Shrine with a piece of scrapbook paper. 


Assemble Shrine with adhesive of choice. I love Distress Collage Medium for this step. 


Heat emboss a key and plate from the Keys and Plates set using Burnt Copper Leaves and drops of Patina Oxide. Cut key in half. 


Add detail to the front edge of Shrine. Lightly press Versamark embossing ink pad on edge. Heat emboss with Ancient Amber. 




Add brads to key plate and adhere to front bottom edge of Shrine. Plan placement of key and adhere to Shrine with foam squares. Apply sentiment from Tim Holtz's Clippings Stickers and adhere bird charm from Idea-ology. 


Finalize placement of all pieces and adhere your medal using foam dots. Stack foam dots 2 or 3 deep to get the depth desired. 




Although this project had a rough start I really enjoyed the process once I started trusting it. And I can say I am happy with how it turned out. I wish I knew this lady's story she looks like she has a brave heart. 

Thanks for stopping by and spending a few minutes with me today. I hope you have a great weekend!! I will be teaching a class on Saturday so I am excited to create, chat and eat some cake!! 
Happy Creating ~ Jennalee

4 comments:

  1. Jennalee, this is such a beautiful make! Your workmanship is so finely detailed and that embossed outside of the box looks really wonderful! I always love seeing your projects. I love this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks my friend!! That new embossing folder from Tim sure creates some magic!!

      Delete