Monday, June 11, 2018

Blessed are the Curious

Hi everyone!! I hope you had a great weekend. I had a few days off and snuck in some creative time along with a bit of junking. I incorporated a few of my new finds in this piece. 



Begin by embossing a piece of gold paper from the Paper Stash Metallic Kraft pad using the Mechanics 3D Texture Plate. The secret to getting a good impression with the Texture Plates is to mist your paper before running thru your machine. After you have embossing lightly sand paper and ink with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink. 


Cut and emboss Layered Butterfly from a 6x6 square of the cigar print found in the Dapper Paper Stash. Ink the embossed areas with Black Soot Distress Ink and apply random areas of gold metallique wax. 


Enhance metal embellishments. Apply a thin layer of Tarnished Brass Distress Paint to the largest size of arrow found in the Arrows Adornments. Using a Picket Fence Distress Crayon rub the crayon over the words on a Quote Token to make the sentiment stand out. 


Cut a small label using the Labels Thinlets set. Stamp numbers found in the Stampers Anonymous Etcetera set. I cut mine from this vintage Ticker Tape I picked up while out junking this weekend. 


Adhere label with Distress Collage Medium. Using an awl poke holes for the stitches. Attach Arrow Adornment with Craft Thread and needle. 


Stitch the butterfly down to the embossed background using coordinating Eclectic Elements Cotton Thread. Be sure to only stitch down the middle of the butterfly so that the wings will be able to pop off the background. 


Layer Baseboard Frame on top of the embossed background and attach with Hex Fastners on all four corners. Adhere piece to mixed media paper for some added stability and back with a piece of linen fabric ripped to size for frayed edges. Apply sentiment from Clippings Stickers. 


Adhere the smallest Measurements piece to background and layer on the Paper Doll with foam dots. Wrap top of the Quote Token with Craft Thread and tie a bow. Attach to piece with foam dots. The base is a large bolt that was also picked up on my weekend junking excursion. 


This piece came about because I was having so much fun playing with the Layered Butterfly die set I recently picked up. So don't be surprised if you see wings on lots of future projects!! I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and get to sneak in lots of creative time this week. Thanks for stopping by and spending a few minutes with me today. Happy Creating ~ Jennalee 


2 comments:

  1. I love him. You know I’m a sucker for anything with wings. The base on your frame is super cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so fabulous and the wings look amazing! up to now I have resisted these 3-D embossing folders for the sheer reason that I have the regular ones, but oh my the new ones look exceptionally appealing in your project!!! Thanks for the ideas-you had some great junkin finds, as always, you've got my mind churning with ideas...~Ann xx

    ReplyDelete